Wednesday, January 10, 2007




Evidence of todays temperature at 12.5 degrees C. Pretty cold for what I would consider a tropical island. Taiwan is strange like that. I've been here for about a year and a half and I've noticed some things about being here:


1. If there is a "Chinatown" where you live, you know its dirty and smells wierd. Imgaine an entire country like that. You'd be imagining Taiwan. Then there's China, but thats another story.

2. There are lines on the road for a reason.

3. Mopeds are the norm, and so is cheap health care. Go figure.

4. Fur Elise will never sound the same.

5. There is no such thing as a line.

6. Women think bone has fat.

7. Men think having muscle is weak (unless you're a foreigner or gay).

8. It's amazing how easily you don't get sick.

9. It's amazing how sick you do get.

10. You can make a 7 course meal all based on corn and eggs.


But enough cynicysm. I enjoy Taiwan, despite it's sometimes backwardness. I've had the opportunity to experience a different culture and feel better for it. You should take a trip, anywhere and live there for a while. You will definitely have an experience. At the least you will find a different perspective.


Update 1.29.07: I just realized that I am dyslexic and read the thermometer incorrectly. It says 15degrees, not 12.5.

No comments: