Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Last Day of Work

This past Friday, I had my last day at HengYee Middle School in XinZhuang. As the day came to an end, I realized that my time in Taiwan, was also soon at an end. My time has come to move on and leave this place that I've called home for almost 4 years. It was a sad revelation, the lifting of my foot to take the next step.
I've had good jobs, and really bad jobs. I've had good food and gut wrenchingly gross food. I've been healthy and had fluids come out of both ends simultaneously. I've made friends and antagonists to my life story here. I've reenforced previous friendships, and had a great time along the way.
There are things I love about Taiwan. Beautiful girls. Hands down the best place I've ever been for that (although admittedly, I haven't been to all that many places). Relatively cheap experiences, food, taxis, crazy taxis,
My last hurrah will be my bike trip around Taiwan. I will spend nine days with a friend to bike the nearly 1000km route from Taipei to Kending and back.
As in life, I really don't know what lays in store. I have prepared, but not adequately, and hope for the best.

No comments: