Sunday, November 9, 2008

Farewell Fox

I'll get to the title in a bit. Today, my WOD (workout of the day) was a modified Angie. An Angie exercise consists of 100 pull ups, push ups, squats, and sit ups. I modified it, as I know I don't want to spend 2 hours doing this, to:

50 pull ups
100 push ups
100 squats
100 sit ups

Time: 26:21

This isn't a very good time, but the goal is to improve over time.

~~~~~

Back to the title. My friend Warren Fox, whom I've known since college, is off to Beijing to shoot a movie. From what he told me, the movie, Gasp, is a comedy where he will be teaching Ebonics to Chinese students.

Fox, who is also a martial arts master, will be in Beijing for a month working on this project. Later in December, he will return to Taipei for a week, then shoot off again to Beijing to compete in a international martial arts competition. He has been a practitioner of Bagua, or eight trigram palm, for about 6 years, and has attained the status of master, under his master, Wu Guo Zheng(吳國正). He has traveled all over Taiwan to take part in numerous competitions, even managing to place 1st in his most recent event. He is an inspiration to all who hope to achieve their goals. Check out some of his vids on YouTube. Here is a quick vid:



The MC in the background music is also the one and only, Fox.

Way to go brotha.

No comments: